Probing of an expression library with oligopeptides.

CLARKEY DLC22 at CORNELL.EDU
Thu Feb 6 05:49:17 EST 1997

We are presently looking into the possibility of probing a lambda zap
expression library with an oligo-peptide known to bind to specific
receptor, namely Beta1 Integrin.  The oligo is RGD and is linked to
biocytin via an SPC linker.  We will detect the probe using avidin
conjugated to alkaline phosphotase.

Therefore my questions are.

1. Is this feasible?
2. Has anyone tried to do this previously?
3. Will the expressed protein be presented to the peptide in the correct
   conformation?
4. Are there any alternatives to this procedure?

Thanks

Dave Clarke

(dlc22 at cornell.edu)