Which Email reader? - Results

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Feb 7 05:35:43 EST 1997

Graham Atherton (grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk) wrote:
> Finally, the very best solution to some of our requirements would be to type a
> document into Wordperfect or graphic file into CorelDraw and then Email direct
> from within the Wordprocessor. Likewise receive documents directly into the
> wordprocessor the Email reader therefore becomes transparent to the user.
> I would be most grateful if there is anyone who can point me to an appropriate
> source for this information!

You have to send these files as attachments. Eudora (at least on a Mac)
will recognize the type of attached file and hopefully start the
correct application. It works fine for MS-Word files.

You cannot email from within an application which does not support
emailing. Unfortunately, this may change and we are likely to see yet
more "fat-ware" programs which use ten times of diskspace for at most
twice as much functionality. The reason for this is that people are
not willing to learn coputer skills. This is supported by the recent
trend to GUI interfaces which make people think that working with a
computer is as easy as clicking a mouse.

--Cornelius.