Which Email reader? - Results

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 7 15:03:15 EST 1997

Cornelius Krasel wrote:

> You cannot email from within an application which does not support
> emailing. Unfortunately, this may change and we are likely to see yet
> more "fat-ware" programs which use ten times of diskspace for at most
> twice as much functionality. The reason for this is that people are
> not willing to learn coputer skills. This is supported by the recent
> trend to GUI interfaces which make people think that working with a
> computer is as easy as clicking a mouse.

Yes, God forbid people should approach computers with anything but the
proper awe and reverence... this attitude is, IMO, outdated and
snobbish.

Myself, I look forward past GUIs to speech interfaces (I mean ones that
*work*:)  I want to be able to describe a problem and have the computer
help me solve it quickly and efficiently (a la Star Trek). Then I can
spend less time fussing with the input, and more time pondering the
importance of the output.
--
   _    _

Suzuki GS page: http://homepage.cistron.nl/~peterh/gsresources/