Silver Staining Reveals Contaminating Bands in Sample

David C. Logan david.logan at
Sat Feb 8 06:41:07 EST 1997

Huang Ke-xue (khuang at CHEMVX.CHEM.TAMU.EDU) wrote:

| I am looking for a way to get rid of 2 contaminating bands in one
| of the reagents in SDS Page sample buffer. These bands are visible on
| silver stained gels. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has
| had a similar experience and has solved this problem. Email replies
can be sent to klnelson at

See "Removal of artifactual bands associated wwith the presence of
2-mercaptoethanol in Two-dimensional PAGE" Beis, A and Lazou,A.
Analytical Biochem. 190, 57-59 (1990). This worked a treat for me.
david.logan at

David C. Logan
Department of Plant Science
University of Oxford