mAb Purification Difficulties

Tom Thatcher ttha at
Thu Feb 6 20:54:47 EST 1997

In article <32F910CC.3FF3 at>,
Patricia Keely <pkeely at MED.UNC.EDU> wrote:
>Dear Gods of the Internet please convey your great wisdom upon this
>troubled soul!
>I'm attempting to purify a mouse monoclonal IgG1 from tissue culture
>supernatent with little luck. I'm using proten A sepharose (HiTRAP column
>David D. Shock dsho at

IgG1 binds very poorly to protein A.  I had pretty good luck with a
kit from Pierce, that used a Protein A derivative and some special
buffers.  I don't recall my % recovery but I got several mg from
a few liters of culture media.

Tom Thatcher                          | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis,
University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it
ttha at           | to crack nuts.