DNA-free RNA

Francois Hatey hatey at toulouse.inra.fr
Mon Feb 3 21:33:42 EST 1997

Dear Netters,

Does somebody knows a good method to get undegraded RNA without DNA ?
(we want to analyze these RNAs by RT-PCR and they are prepared from
either tissues or cultured cells)

Classical method involves digesting by RNAse free-DNAse, but we get
some RNA hydrolysis with this enzyme. Any advice ?
What about alternative techniques such as lithium chloride precipitation
associated with guanidium thiocyanate/phenol extraction (as described by
Patanjali et al, PNAS 88, 1943-47, 1991) or something like that ?

Thanks in advance :-)

Francois Hatey

Laboratoire de Genetique Cellulaire, INRA
Centre de Recherches de Toulouse, BP 27
31326 Castanet-Tolosan Cedex, France

hatey at toulouse.inra.fr