Where to buy E. coli NP66 for in vivo phagemid release

Christian P. Sommerhoff sommerhoff at clinbio.med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 10 14:37:44 EST 1997

We used the Pharmacia kit for construction of a cDNA-library.  After
screening of the library, we now want to use in vivo excision/phagemid
release to sequence some of the inserts.

My questions:
1.  Has anybody used the E. coli strain NP66 for in vivo phagemid release
from the lambda ExCell (Pharmacia)?  Does it work?

2.  Where to buy this particular E. coli strain NP66.  Pharmacia only
sells it as part of another kit (which we did not buy).  Worse,  neither
the ATCC nor the German equivalent (DSM) has this strain!

Any help is welcome!

TIA

Christian