ZAP systems

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 04:07:47 EST 1997

F Dong wrote:

> just wondering if anyone has every used ZAP cDNA cloning kits from
> Stratagene...would kindly appreciate input as to their success rate in
> building cDNA libraries.
>
> thanx a million
>
> Fan Dong
> fd at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

We use the Stratagene Zap II kit regularly, and get libraries of up to 1 x
10^7 recombinants, with a good proportion of full-length clones. Our average
library is about 5 x 10^6 recombinants, the lowest about 2 x 10^5, this from
an RNA heavily contaminated with carbohydrates.

Cheers,

Andy

 Email  : andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk  : University of Bristol
 Home   : andy at cycad.demon.co.uk     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    : http://www.lars.bbsrc.ac.uk/plantsci/molbiol/andy.html