nylon mesh for hybridizations

Derek Parsonage dp at invader.bgsm.wfu.edu
Wed Feb 12 11:34:23 EST 1997

In article <5dso2m$efo$1 at newshound.csrv.uidaho.edu>,
corte922 at harrier.csrv.uidaho.edu (Marc Cortese) wrote:

> Fellow Netters,
>
> I have always used fine pieces of nylon mesh to separate the membranes
> from the glass and from each other when hybridizing in tubes.  I am now
> working in a different lab and new to purchase some for use there.  Can
> anyone supply me with a source of these membranes?  All I can remember is
> that the manufacturer is located in the southern United States and that
> the mesh is very expensive.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc

> Marc Cortese                                  Lab: (208) 885-9431
> IMAGE                                        Home: (208) 882-8810
> University of Idaho                           Fax: (208) 885-6518
> Moscow, ID  83843                     e-mail: corte922 at uidaho.edu
>                      aug aug gcc cgc ugc uaa

We have successfully used that well known scientific supply company - K-Mart.
Plastic screen mesh is the product. We wash it well before we use it, of
course, but you can't beat the price.  Well, maybe Walmart can!

Derek

--
Derek Parsonage                        Wake Forest University
Dept. of Biochemistry                     Medical Center