nylon mesh for hybridizations

Derek Parsonage dp at invader.bgsm.wfu.edu
Wed Feb 12 11:34:23 EST 1997

In article <5dso2m$efo$1 at newshound.csrv.uidaho.edu>,
corte922 at harrier.csrv.uidaho.edu (Marc Cortese) wrote:

> Fellow Netters,
> I have always used fine pieces of nylon mesh to separate the membranes
> from the glass and from each other when hybridizing in tubes.  I am now
> working in a different lab and new to purchase some for use there.  Can
> anyone supply me with a source of these membranes?  All I can remember is
> that the manufacturer is located in the southern United States and that
> the mesh is very expensive.
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc
> Marc Cortese                                  Lab: (208) 885-9431
> IMAGE                                        Home: (208) 882-8810
> University of Idaho                           Fax: (208) 885-6518
> Moscow, ID  83843                     e-mail: corte922 at uidaho.edu
>                      aug aug gcc cgc ugc uaa

We have successfully used that well known scientific supply company - K-Mart.
Plastic screen mesh is the product. We wash it well before we use it, of
course, but you can't beat the price.  Well, maybe Walmart can!

Derek Parsonage                        Wake Forest University
Dept. of Biochemistry                     Medical Center
dp at invader.bgsm.wfu.edu                 Winston-Salem NC  USA