nylon mesh for hybridizations

Marilyn Bakker Marilyn.Bakker at med.monash.edu.au
Thu Feb 13 20:02:29 EST 1997

Marc Cortese wrote:
> Fellow Netters,
> I have always used fine pieces of nylon mesh to separate the membranes
> from the glass and from each other when hybridizing in tubes.  I am now
> working in a different lab and new to purchase some for use there.  Can
> anyone supply me with a source of these membranes?  All I can remember is
> that the manufacturer is located in the southern United States and that
> the mesh is very expensive.
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc
> =================================================================
> Marc Cortese                                  Lab: (208) 885-9431
> IMAGE                                        Home: (208) 882-8810
> University of Idaho                           Fax: (208) 885-6518
> Moscow, ID  83843                     e-mail: corte922 at uidaho.edu
> =================================================================
>                      aug aug gcc cgc ugc uaa
> =================================================================
 I use Nytal nylon screen. They sell a big range of pore sizes. I have
tried 100 micron and 150 micron, the latter being a bit heavier and
giving a little less background.
 Sold by "swiss screens" Branches in all states of Australia.
Country of origin info. is
Schweiz. Seidengazefabrik AG Thal
Ch-9425 Thal/SG
Telephon 071-440144
Telefax 071-445527
Telex 882010 sst ch

There should be a branch in the US somewhere,  they sell it by the
metre, and it is heaps cheaper than getting it from the agents for
Good Luck.

More information about the Methods mailing list