epitope tagging

Toai T. Nguyen ttnguyen at uci.edu
Wed Feb 12 18:30:51 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues,

I will soon be embarking on a project to epitope-tag a putative membrane
protein in mouse small intestine, to be expressed in Xenopus oocytes and
mammalian cell lines.  I am aware of three different kinds of epitopes
for which monclonals are available commercially:  HA (from influenza
hemagglutinin), 9E10 (from human c-myc protein) and VSV-G (from
vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein).

Are there other epitopes available?  What are the dis/ advantages?

It will be very helpful to me if I could hear from some personal
experience about any of the epitopes used.

I thank you all in advance.

Toai Nguyen
Dept of Medicine
University of California, Irvine