Spectrophotometers

Karl A. Wilson kwilson at binghamton.edu
Wed Feb 12 13:12:34 EST 1997

We are looking to purchase a spectrophotometer with wavelength scanning
capability.  We would also use this for kinetic measurements; and being
able to do this on very small samples would be a plus.  User-friendly
software is important since many people will have access to this
instrument.  The three that we are looking at right now are:

        Ultraspec 4000 from Pharmacia-Biotech
        Lambda 10 PC system from Perkin-Elmer
        DU Series 600 from Beckman

Am curious to know what experience you might have with these instruments.
 Thanks.

Karl A. Wilson
Dept Biol. Sci.
SUNY at Binghamton