DNA-free RNA

orlando dominguez IKHT5 at cc.uab.es
Thu Feb 13 12:35:39 EST 1997

Francois Hatey <hatey at toulouse.inra.fr> escribió en artículo
<32F6A006.7B02 at toulouse.inra.fr>...
> Dear Netters,
>
> Does somebody knows a good method to get undegraded RNA without DNA ?
>
> Classical method involves digesting by RNAse free-DNAse, but we get
> some RNA hydrolysis with this enzyme. Any advice ?

What are the conditions of your digests? the shorter the incubation the
better, and pH is better if acidic, do we agree?
I'd say it depends on the threshold of what you decide it is DNA-free RNA.
We tested a commercial kit with GuTh + LiCl plus centrifugation trough Cs,
but still there was DNA, and a low yield of RNA.

More suggestions?

Orlando Dominguez