beads for cell culture

Troels Wind wind at
Thu Feb 13 11:30:18 EST 1997

Hi Jess,

Nunc (Denmark) makes beads for cell-adhesion. It's called Biosilon.
I dont have the catalogue number, but on the product it says
"Microcarriers for cultivation of anchorage dependent cells in
No affiliations...

Hope it helps,

Troels Wind
Aarhus University

Jess H. Leber (leber at ITSA.UCSF.EDU) wrote:
: Does anyone know where I can find glass or acrylic beads for use in cell
: culture? I often do experiments where I soak a heparin-coated acrylic
: bead with certain proteins, and then implant them into chick embryos. I
: have heard that a bead exists to which I can adhere cells, instead. I
: have had no luck anywhere. Thanks for your help.

: I apologize for the previous message with no address.

: Jess H. Leber
: UCSF Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
: Room S-960
: 513 Parnassus Avenue
: San Francisco, CA  94143
: (415) 502-6508