XGAL & IPTG -- how low can you go?

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Thu Feb 13 11:10:58 EST 1997

Ann L. Williams (awilliams at biochem.okstate.edu) wrote:
: We have good luck with applying the IPTG & X-Gal to the surface only
: of the plates.  As always TIME=$.  I mix small amounts of my two
: stocks and spread 100ul of this stock on the plates circa half an hour
: before I plate my cells (spread or streak).  The stocks we use:
:    2%   X-Gal (in pmsf)

Why do you choose PMSF.....this is nasty nasty stuff (protease inhibitor?)

I use DMF as the solvent...

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"