3'RACE PCR

czlq at musica.mcgill.ca czlq at musica.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 13 17:22:59 EST 1997

Hi,I am doing 3'RACE  PCR in the purpose to amplify  the  new sequence from the 3' end. I have successfuly amplified a band
which looks like the  PCR product. After that I used several gene specific primers combing with the universal primer for further
PCR in order to know what the PCR product is. The PCR were worked and I got single band from each PCR reactions with
respected size. Sequence reaction proved that this PCR product was a combination of known sequence and the unknown one.
My question is how can trust this result? Whether it is possible that DNA amplification can jump from one template to another duing
the process of the PCR because for some unknown reason, PCR sometimes gives us the weild result.Thank you for your help.