IL-4 assay on PBMC, help !

Jens Rainer Hansen jens.rainer at leo.dk
Fri Feb 14 09:24:53 EST 1997

Hi'

Does anyone have experience with an IL-4 stimulation assay, stimulating
human PBMC with PHA, Protein A, CD2+CD28 antibody etc. I have tried it
all for different incubation times and conc. I get max about 100-300
pg/ml IL-4, using a final conc. of 1x10**6 cells/ml. I know that only a
fraction of the cells are producing IL4. I have not via the litterature
seen others who got more IL4 produced. So perhaps it is essentially not
possible to get more IL4 produced.
It would be a great help if somebody could give me a lead.

Thanks

Jens Rainer