epitope tagging

Thomas R. Anderson babco at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 15 02:39:29 EST 1997

In <330252AA.71B3 at uci.edu> "Toai T. Nguyen" <ttnguyen at uci.edu> writes:
>Dear Colleagues,
>I will soon be embarking on a project to epitope-tag a putative
>membrane protein in mouse small intestine, to be expressed in Xenopus
>oocytes and mammalian cell lines.  I am aware of three different kinds
>of epitopes for which monclonals are available commercially:  HA (from
>influenza hemagglutinin), 9E10 (from human c-myc protein) and VSV-G
>(from esicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein).
>Are there other epitopes available?  What are the dis/ advantages?

Perhaps we could be of some help.

Our company sells a number of epitope tag antibodies, as
indicated below:

Name          Sequence

HA           YPYDVPDYA
myc          EQKLISEEDL
AU1          DTYRYI
AU5          TDFYLK
glu-glu      EEEYMPME
IRS          RYIRS

In the case of the HA antibodies, both mouse monoclonal and rabbit
polyclonal antibodies are available.  All of the other antibodies are
mouse monoclonals.  In each case, the peptide recognized by the
antibody is also available.

We have a few other related antibodies as well, including an improved
anti poly-histidine antibody, and fluorescenated and biotinylated
antibodies, affinity resins, and antibodies against commonly used
fusion protein partners.

If any of these are of interest, please let me know.

We also have an annotated bibilography of the epitope tagging
literature that we will send along to any interested parties.

Tom Anderson