FLAG epitope in yeast

Jose Bonner jbonner at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Feb 14 16:01:54 EST 1997

Does anyone know how to get rid of the background proteins that bind to
the M2 monoclonal when purifying FLAG-tagged proteins from yeast?  We
know of one that has a string of D residues, that can be washed off by
adding 5mM aspartate--but this doesn't get all of them.  Our protein
comes out with too many other proteins in the same prep.  Do we have to
use another method in conjunction with FLAG, or is there another method
to wash off some of these things that I think are partial matches to the
FLAG epitope?