Inexpensive Oligo Purification?

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Fri Feb 14 19:13:39 EST 1997

To tag an endogenous yeast gene, I'm going to PCR whose product will be
MFG-HA-URA3-HA-MFG, where MFG is my favorite gene, and HA is hemagglutinin
epitope (Ref: Schneider BL et al. (1995) Yeast 11, 1265).

Oligos for this PCR are about 60-70 bases in length and require HPLC
purification to prevent frameshift due to n-1, n, n+1, ... of impure oligo
ends.  My question here is that since HPLC purification is quite expensive
in cost-wise, is there any reasonable way to reduce cost for primers?  I
would appreciate your comments.

Namjin Chung, who knows little and asks a lot!
Program in Molecular Cancer Biology
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina