DNA analysis software

Betsy L. Alberty alsbyte1 at well.com
Fri Feb 14 22:17:52 EST 1997

WILL H SCOVILL wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Could anyone recommend a DNA/RNA/Protein software package for PC.  We
> need:
> Plasmid Drawing (publish quality graphics)
> Restriction Mapping
> Multiple sequence alignment
> Fragment Joining (into a "contig")
> Protein structure analysis
>
> I have tried DNAasis and DNAstar (comments?).  I think, though, we
> want to spend less$.
> Thanks for any help or suggestions
>
> Will Scovill

HYBsimulator "lite" is now available from AGCT.  you can find more
information about it on our web site at www.alsbyte.com.  As independent
reps, we used to sell OLIGO.  This new (jan, 97) software available beats
out oligo in ease of use, and offers excellent primer design for only
$300.  I no longer recommend the use of OLIGO to anyone now that this
program exists.  The demo version will be available for downloading
(powermac, win 95/NT) on alsbyte's site next week.

If you find any other good programs that are inexpensive, please let me
know.  I'd like to post them on alsbyte's site to help the many people I
talk with each week in similar budget situations.