Disposal of Hoechst waste

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Feb 15 11:16:06 EST 1997

For a MSDS, you might have a look at

http://www.fisher1.com/fb/itv?16..acros.1.msa0008.433....
(Acros chmicals, no affil).

In fact, there's not much information about that stuff.

I would suggest to put it to the organic waste to be incinerated.
Since there are now some colum-devices to extract ethidium bromide
from solns, they might be effective for BBI, too. But I haven't tried
this yet. If you have one handy, it might be easy to prove it.
Passing the soln after neutralizing through a strong anionic resin
(-SO3) should remove the dye, too.

My 2 cents

Wolfgang

---------!all possible disclaimers apply!-----------