Calcium Phosphate Precipitation

mennow at ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl mennow at ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl
Sat Feb 15 06:12:35 EST 1997

Does anyone have experience with calcium phosphate precipitating DNA to macrophages (J774).
I have been trying to get a GFP vector in the cells last weeks, for transient expression. But I never got any signal.
While the vector works perfectly in ES-cells. Is it possible that the macrophages just eat the calcium phosphate particles with the DNA?
I want to use the GFP as a marker to check transfection together with a macrophage specific construct.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this, or other ways to test a macrophage specific construct in vitro.

Menno de Winther