Using a PC as an assay counter-timer...

R. John Lye rjl6n at uva.pcmail.virginia.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:37:58 EST 1997

I'm no expert, but from another application, I think
you need to be very wary of using a PC as a timer,
at least if you need any sort of accuracy.  Apparently,
the interupt requests for other things disturb the
counting of whatever timing program you write.  I'd
suggest checking with your local computer guru before
doing this.  FWIW, this question came up in regards
to using a laptop to time auto races, and the consensus
of some very computer-savvy folks was that PCs are not
at all reliable for timing events.

--
John Lye

e-mail to: rjl6n at Virginia.EDU