RNA Ligase

Matt Thomas Thomas at molbio.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 18 06:19:18 EST 1997

I need to ligate a RNA oligo onto a short in vitro transcript (about a
40mer) and need some advise.  Who sells the best RNA ligase?  Do you
need a guide oligo to hold the RNA pieces together?  What is a good
lenght for my RNA oligo to be?  Is there some optimue lenghts of RNA
that the ligase perferes?

I plan to do some protection assays on this joined RNA molecule but for
some complicated reasons I just can't transribe the inital pice to a
position furhter down stream and I need a longer piece so that I don't
get breathing with my probe oligo right at the end. So my boss suggested
ligating another piece of RNA onto my transcript.

Thanks for any help,

Matt Thomas
Thomas at molbio.uoregon.edu