Pfu polymerase in PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 12:00:38 EST 1997

In article <33088907.41C6 at vax.cs.hscsyr.edu>, Tom Duncan
<duncant at vax.cs.hscsyr.edu> writes
>Are there references for Pfu
>degrading ssDNA?

Wayne Barnes refers to this problem with Vent in his KlenTaq Gene paper
and there was a detailed paper in NAR about a year or more ago showing
that primer degradation by the proof-reading pol. could be ovecome by
putting a thiol linkage in an oligo close to the 3' end. The paper was
solely on overcoming primer degradation during PCR using proof-reading
pols. As normal, somewhere in a filing cabinet I have the paper but have
I filed it under PCR, methods, oligos etc etc?

I'm sure Paul Hengen will post the reference way before I find it.

Duncan

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.