epitope tagging background in plants

chen0183 at maroon.tc.umn.edu chen0183 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue Feb 18 21:31:36 EST 1997

Dear colleagues,

I'm planning to make a construct of my gene in interest fused with
epitope tag, and transform it to Arabidopsis (Forgive me for not
able to make the work italic.). To my chagrin I noticed the
problem has been widely observed in various organisms and is not a
small deal. I wonder if the plant people noticed the same
problem; if yes, is there anyway to at least lower the background?

Thank you for your attention. Sorry, no witty saying at this time
the year in Minnesota. Wait till spring comes.

Zigang Cheng
University of Minnesota