removal of PEG from DNA disolved in TE?

Venkat Pisupati vnp at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 08:54:02 EST 1997

Can anyone tell me how to remove PEG from my DNA solutions?

I have lambda preps that I wish to cut and then spin in a microcon 100 to
separate the oligo linkers, but nothing goes through the filter because of
all PEG, I think  (the stock DNA solution is milky white and there is only
5-10 ugs of DNA in the restriction reactions that I am trying to spin.).
Chloroform extraction does not seem to do anything.

Thanks for any tips,

Cheers

John

--
Venkat Pisupati                                                     Lab  -44-01223-334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute                                       Fax -44-01223-334134