hot PCR

Rob Jordan rjordan at
Thu Feb 20 03:07:35 EST 1997

In article <330CA1D1.20C9 at>, NIEHS, Mail, Drop, 7-10, Research, Triangle, Park, NC, 27709 wrote:
>I need a protocol for generating a radioactive probe by PCR
>(concentrations of hot and cold nucleotides, particularly).
>THanks, Caroline

Check out:

Mertz and Rashtchian,  Anal. Biochem., 221, p160-165, 1994

If I recall conrrectly using a cold dNTP concentration about twice that of the
hot dNTP concentration gave the best amplification and labeling.  The trick is
that the hot dNTP concentration from places like Amersham or DuPont is really

rjordan at