Looking for ColV plasmid

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 05:46:40 EST 1997

Steven Goldberg (goldberg at bms.com) wrote:
: I have been looking for an E. coli strain that possesses the ColV
: plasmid.  No luck searching ATCC or the E. coli Genetic Stock Center. I
: would be grateful if anyone could tell me where to obtain such a strain.

I have an old catalogue (1986...) which describes a colicin reference
set that includes ColV, then available from:

    Plasmid Section
    National Collection of Type Cultures (NCTC)
    PHLS Central Public Health Laboratory
    61 Colindale Avenue
    London NW9 5HT
    Tel 0181-200 4400
    Fax 0181-200 7874

You could try contacting them, though it seems unlikely they'll have
survived 11 years of Thatcherism.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                       | from, | MRC Human Genetics Unit
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk             |  not  |  Western General Hospital