Antisense transcripts

Zhiyong Zhao ZXZ4 at psuvm.psu.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:52:54 EST 1997

I have a very strange in situ hybridization result. The sense control probe giv
es a very nice tissue-specific staining with almost no background.(The antisens
e probe also has tissue-specific staining but in different tissues.) It is hard
 for me to believe that in the particular tissues some many antisense transcrip
ts are produced. Has anybody out there have the similar experience? Certainly I
 carefully checked the orientation of the construct by sequencing and double re
striction digests.