differentiating between genomic & plasmid DNA

Fri Feb 21 09:58:57 EST 1997

At 06:11 PM 2/20/97 -0000, E.Hillery wrote:
>Would anybody out there have any thoughts on how I could differentiate
>between eukaryotic genomic and pg amounts of plasmid DNA.  In an ideal
>world, I wouls like to separate the two species so that I could then
>quantify the latter
>
>many thanks
>Liz Hillery
>Ion Transport                                  'phone: 171 352 8121 x3393
>National Heart & Lung Institute                 fax: 171 351 8340
>Manresa Road                                    e-mail:E.Hillery at ic.ac.uk
>London
>SW3 6LR

These or one of these may be worth trying:
1. Run gel and cut out plasmid.
2. Density gradient centrifugation
3. Polyethilene glycol precipitation of plasmid.

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003