Sequencing and sharkteeth

martin LEACH leach at
Sun Feb 23 23:16:35 EST 1997

I use a couple of bulldozg clips...clamp them to the top of the gel after
inserting comb....3-4 spanning the whole gel...

you should see the crusty acrylamid that builds up after many years....

that takes skill!

Randy Willis (willis at wrote:
: Jørgen Stenvik wrote:
: >
: > We have some trouble with leakage using sharkteeth combs for sequencing.

: Jorgen,

: We used to use rubber-insulated clamps in the middle of the glass plates
: to hold them together more tightly.  You can probably find them in a
: hardware store or anywhere that sells electrical supplies.  Once your
: sample has run into the gel, you can remove the clamps safely.

: Good luck

: Randall C Willis, Researcher
: Biochemistry, Hosp for Sick Children
: 3522-555 University Ave
: Toronto, ON

: 416-813-5933 (ph)  -5022(fax)

: willis at

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)

My homepage:
Webmaster of the Biotech Rumor mill: