quick question

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Sun Feb 23 23:19:53 EST 1997

IMHO

transfection into eukaryotic cells ...e.g. reporter constructs

transformation into prokaryotic cells ..e.. plasmid s like bluescript
containing a DNA o interest

(damn terinal emulator...)

p.s. now...when viruses are used I like using 'infection' ...but I believe the
term is called 'induction'?? correct me folds.....folks....(no backspace)

Rani Geha (geha at hsc.usc.edu) wrote:
: What is the difference between transfection and transformation?

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"

My homepage: http://www.tradesmart.com/martin/Leach.html