long PCR with dUTP

Michael C. Gorry mcgorry at med.pitt.edu
Mon Feb 24 18:20:36 EST 1997

I am trying to amplify a longer DNA (4kb) fragment using dUTPs instead
of dNTPs.  I have been unable to get an amplification product with U but
have obtained it with T. Is there a limit on the amount of U that can be
incorporated?  I have not been able to find anything out about it and before
putting more effort into it, I would like to know if anyone has any information.
To date, I have tried taq, klentaq, pfu, and rTth.  I had expected the best
results with the rTth, but was unable to reach the 0.6kb control with any of the
polymerases used.

Thanks for any help.

Michael Gorry
mcgorry at med.pitt.edu