rRNA contamination after RNA poli-A purification with oligo-dT

CARLOS ALEXANDRE SANCHEZ FERREIRA - 218 sanchezf at DNA.CBIOT.UFRGS.BR
Tue Feb 25 10:21:05 EST 1997

I am having trouble with rRNA contamination in RNA poli-A
purifications with oligo-dT\celullose from ticks. I have tried two common
methods plus the Quickprep Micro mRNA Purification Kit (Pharmacia)
and I have not found any difference between them (regarding to the
degree of contamination). If anybody have any idea of how to deal
with this kind of problem, please send it to me.

       Carlos Alexandre S. Ferreira