Gridded Membranes

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Tue Feb 25 20:38:46 EST 1997

Amersham sell a range of gridded membranes for colony lifting...I believe I've
used the Nylon (hybond-n) ones but not sure if there is a nitrocellulose
equivalent.

I believe S&S also sell those.....they have handy tabs to allow you to lift
off the membranes without digging a chunk of agar out the side of the dish.

www.s-and-s.com

and

www.amerhsam.com

good luck

Rory O'Brien. Biotechnology. (robrien at ollamh.ucd.ie) wrote:
: Hi Y'all,
: Does anybody know if it is possible to obtain 'gridded'
: nitrocellulose membranes - ie: normal membrane with some form of
: grid printed or overlaid on top, for the purposes of screening
: libraries and replica plating colonies.
: If not, why not ? Seems like a handy idea to me.

: Thanks for the input.
: - Rory

: Rory O'Brien.
: National Agricultural and Veterinary Biotechnology Centre,
: University College Dublin,
: Belfield, Dublin 4.
: IRELAND

: Ph: +353 (1) 7062815