TRAP assay

xin wei xwei at JEEVES.UCSD.EDU
Wed Feb 26 13:25:16 EST 1997

Dear Netter:

I have some difficulty with the Telomerase TRAP assay: My results just
looks like kind of reverse from my expect, there are 4~6 bands show in
buffer control lane and not many bands present in positive sample lane.
Actually I was very careful about PCR contamination, I used separate
pipetman and hot start, it doesn=92t help for the bands in buffer control=
=2E
I increase the Taq polymerase 2~3 times, it did raise the bands in
positive control, but I am still concern the unspecific amplification by
doing this. Could somebody give me some suggestion about these? Thanks
in advance.

Xin Wei