PCR contamination

Dr. J.P. Clewley jclewley at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 26 18:11:41 EST 1997

stsarev at aol.com (Stsarev) wrote:

>I would greatly appreciate responses from experts in diagnostic RT-PCR.
>I want to know if anybody on this board is using such an extreme as
>separated rooms for preparation of clinical samples and setting up  RT
>and PCR reactions (clean room, NO DNA room) versus physically separated
>DNA-room where all works with amplified DNA are done.

We have physically separate rooms for 1) reagent preparation-the clean
room; 2) DNA/RNA extraction; 3) Amplification and nested PCR transfer;
4) Post-PCR gel etc. analysis.

These rooms are also separate from the labs used for serological
diagnosis

Jon Clewley
Virus Reference Division
Central Public Health Laboratory