TRAP ASSAY

Xin Wei xwei at JEEVES.UCSD.EDU
Wed Feb 26 15:25:17 EST 1997

Dear Netter: I have some difficulty with the Telomerase TRAP assay: My
results just looks like kind of reverse from my expected, there are 4~6
bands show in buffer control lane and not many bands present in positive
sample lane. Actually I was very careful about PCR contamination, I used
separate pipetman and hot start, it doesnÕt help for the bands in buffer
control. I increase the Taq polymerase 2~3 times, it did raise the bands
in positive control, but I am still concern the unspecific amplification
by doing this. Could somebody give me some suggestion about these?

Xin Wei