Making Nickel resin??

wegloehner at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de wegloehner at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Thu Feb 27 12:43:15 EST 1997

In article <Pine.PMDF.3.95.970227091705.539244773A-100000 at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au>, Stephen W Doughty <swd at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> Hi,
> I interested in making my own metal affinity resin to purify a (HIS)6
> tagged protein, can anyone tell me where I can get a protocol from to
> do this?
>
> thanks
> steve
>
> Stephen Doughty ( swd at rubens.unimelb.edu.au )/Churchill's commentary on man:
> Centre for Animal Biotechnology             /Man will occasionally stumble over
> School of Veterinary Science               /the truth, but most of the time he
> University of Melbourne, VIC, Australia   /will pick himself up & continue on.

dear stephen,

you may have a look into the following paper.

New metal chelate adsorbent selective for proteins and peptides
containing neighbouring histidine residues. Hochuli et al. (1987)
Journal of Chromatography, 411, 177-184

describes the preparation of Ni-NTA-sepharose from chemicals everyone can buy
this paper is also the basis of the Ni-NTA patent hold by Hoffmann-La Roche
licence by QIAGEN

there are also several references in this paper about the preparation of
Iminodiaceticacid IDA chelating material.

hope this helps

wolf