Biorad Quantum minipreps re ALF sequencers

Oliver S. DePeyer saspeyer at reading.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 09:09:25 EST 1997

I've got access to an Pharmacia ALF automated sequencer. I've been
submitting templates to this sequencer but getting lousy, unusable
sequences. The templates are plasmid DNA prepared with the Biorad Quantum
kit, which gave me great sequences with an ABI sequencer I used
previously.

My question is, what gives? What is it in the Biorad Quantum protocol that
upsets an ALF sequencer, but sequences fine on an ABI? Is there anything I
can do about this? I've rung Pharmacia and Biorad and they are both
flummoxed.

I'd prefer to use the Quantum kit since it is so much cheaper than other
kits like Qiagen.

Any help appreciated!
Please email me on o.s.depeyer at reading.ac.uk

Thanks