Transformation protocol for Bacillus needed

Arul Jayaraman arul at design.eng.uci.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:24:11 EST 1997

Hi
I have been trying to transform B. subtilis 6633 and B. brevis with
plasmid pC194.  I have tried transformation by the method of Udaka et al
(MEthods in Enzymol. 1993), and the 'Groningen' method (Molecular
biological methods for Bacillus, Ed. C.R.Harwood and S.M. Cutting).  I
have also tried electroporation at 9kV/cm, with no success.
I wonder if I am trying out the least efficient methods possible...
Can someone refer me to a transformation/electroporation method that has
been tried with moderate success? I greatly appreciate all assistance.

Thanks

Arul

arul at design.eng.uci.edu

Arul Jayaraman
Dept. of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
University of California at Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-2575
Ph : (714)-509-1060 (H)
     (714)-824-8389 (L)