shareware enzyme kinetics ?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 1 22:51:41 EST 1997

In article <5abasa$g9b at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, "Otso Lindy"
<OLINDY at penger.helsinki.fi> wrote:
#Dear Methods,
#
#Thank you for your prompt answer last time. You really helped me
#solve my problem. However, life goes on and new things, sometimes too
#difficult to solve alone, come into your life.
#And look at me, I'm here:
#        I am looking for a shareware/freeware enzyme kinetics program
#        that works in a PC or Win3.1 or Win 95.
#The only thing I got my hands on was EZ-FIT (by Frank W. Perrella),
#which was a... (alright, it was a nice little program).
#Has someone brilliant come up with something newer or is enzymology
#asymptotically approaching paleontology?
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
umm, maybe.  To the same extent as biologist's ability to write a simplest
kinetic or equilibrium equation.

# Could you pass me a
#message on the subject ?

Sure. Few of them.

1. Any modern spreadsheet program (Excel, Lotus) that your lab owns has
*everything* you need (provided that you can do the above).
2. Similar to 1). Many excellent "scientific graphics" programs have the
same abilities *plus* they are fast and produce publication-quality
graphs.
3. There is a nice very basic program called "Kinetic". Does pretty good
job. Freeware. Huge disadvantage - no way to  save entered data. I can
send it to you if you wish.

- Dima