Bacteriophage concentration

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 11:12:40 EST 1997

Hi Folks,

I have a bateriophage that appears very sensitive to lysis. Pptation
with PEG/NaCl causes it to lyse. Running an aliqout of the phage lysate
on a TBE agarose gel also causes the phage to lyse. I need to
concentrate it as the highest titre one can ever get is about 10E8 per
ml. I haven't yet tried putting the lysate in dialysis tubing and
concentrating against solid PEG but that may be worth a go.

Any alternative pptation methods out there?

Many thanks

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark