bacteriophage f1

Pascal Mertens Pascal.Mertens at
Mon Jan 6 10:44:43 EST 1997

In article (Dans l'article) <3GIRa3$lDf at>,
isa.bbs at (§Ú¬O·R·ÓÃè¤lªºmutant!) wrote (écrivait) :

> Have anyone heard about bacteriophage f1?
> I don't know how to conserve it.
> And, it's difficult for me to infect it with E.coli.
> Dose anyone have good method to do with f1?
> Please tell me.
> Thank you!
>                                        Isabella Chen

f1 is the same bacteriophage that fd or M13 (discovered at the same time
in 3 different labs).
Infect E.c. cells grown in terrific broth (OD= 0.125 to 0.25 for a
dilution 10 of the culture), the cells beeing left 5 min on table to make
the pilus regenerated. Then mix equal volumes (10 microL) of E. c. cells
and phage dilutions ; incubated 10 min on table; add 1 ml of 2xYT medium
and incubate 20 min at 37
That's it
Hope this helps

Pascal Mertens
Laboratoire d'Immunologie et Microbiologie
61 Rue de Bruxelles
5000 Namur, BELGIUM
Phone: 32 81 724438
Fax: 32 81 724420