Visa card for grants accounting??

Karthi Ramachandran karthi at
Tue Jan 7 10:07:09 EST 1997

In article <5ah9h9$s3d at>, geneco at Great American Gene Company ) wrote:
>In <djt2-0201971454540001 at> djt2 at
>(Dennis Templeton) writes:
>>I bet the vendors would flip for this, being able to get their money
>>faster than the "net 30 days" hassle.
<snip snip snip>

Hi Dennis,
        An alternative to using credit cards would be to set up a standing
orders with  companys (provided ofcourse that you do a bulk of your purchases
from  few companies). Gibco BRL, NEB etc will do that for you. Basically, you
commit an X amount of dollars into one of their credit accounts and when you
need anything you phone them, quote the account no and make the order and the
account gets debited. You will get your materials faster b'cos you can
bypass the purchasing department when you make the individual orders.We have
such standing orders with a few companies....Let me know if you need more

Hope this helps.

Karthi. R

Karthikeyan Ramachandran Ph.D
Research Fellow, Rm. No. SA136
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Faculty of Science and Technology		Phone (Off) +61 (03) 5227 1406
Deakin University			Phone (Res) +61 (03) 5241 9806
Geelong, Victoria			Fax +61 (03) 5227 2022
Australia 3217				e-mail karthi at
Home page