X-press-system

Volker Blaschke vblasch at gwdg.de
Wed Jan 8 04:41:55 EST 1997

Hi,
I`m working with an expression-detection-system from Invitrogen.
The vector is called pcDNA3.1His and the synthesized protein results in
a fusion-protein containing a hexahistidine-tag and an antibody-epitope.
The fitting antibody is also available from Invitrogen and is called
X-press. Untill now ,I haven`t manages to detect my protein, a membrane
standing receptor, with this antibody in a westernblot. With an anti-
his-antibody it hasn`t worked either.
Is there someone who is working with this system and has been
successfull with it ?
I would be glad to get some informations about it !