Sup F selection c

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Jan 8 15:39:36 EST 1997

In article <slrn5d7lr6.j13.aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu>,
Ashok Aiyar <aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu> wrote:

>MC1061/p3 is available from Invitrogen.  I think that BRL also sells a
>strain with the p3 episome called DH10B/p3.

DH10B/P3 gave me much smaller (slower-growing) colonies than did
MC1061/P3.  I don't know if DH10B/P3 have some advantage over MC1061/P3 in
other ways.

Electrocompetent MC1061/P3 is also made by Clontech labs; I found that the
transformation efficiency of Clontech's was about 5-fold better than
Invitrogen's, and about twice as good as my home-made electrocomp
MC1061/P3.

I use Amp/Tet selection for the SUpF plasmids as described by
Invitrogen.

No affiliation with any of the above.

Ian