Unpatented fusion vectors?

Rick Stowe leelabs at atl.mindspring.com
Fri Jan 10 13:51:03 EST 1997

Hello Molecular Biologists,

I am searching for an E. coli expression vector with a gene fusion system
built in for simplification of purification.  I am aware that there are
several available from various vendors, but they all seem to carry patent
protection and licensing agreements for commercial use.

I am also interested in any information concerning the details of
licensing agreements associated with the commercially available
expression vectors other than pGEX.

I will appreciate any help I get!  Nobody I've talked to seems to
know anything about expression vectors without patent restrictions.
Please feel free to respond to my address at mcmullenix at sprintmail.com if
you don't wish to post your response.

Thanks!

Michael C. Mullenix, Ph.D.